For all tracks, the references section at the end of the paper does not count towards the listed page limits.
- Full Papers — 10 pages. Should describe original, substantive, mature, and unpublished work.
- Short Papers — 6 pages. Should describe original, unpublished work. This includes early stage, less developed works in progress.
- JEDM Journal Track Papers — Papers submitted to the Journal of Educational Data Mining track (and accepted before May 30, 2021) will be published in JEDM and presented during the JEDM track of the conference.
- Industry Papers — 6 pages. Should describe innovative uses of EDM techniques in a commercial setting.
- Doctoral Consortium — 2-4 pages. Should describe the graduate/postgraduate student’s research topic, proposed contributions, results so far, and aspects of the research on which advice is sought.
- Posters/Demos — 2-4 pages. Posters should describe original unpublished work in progress or last-minute results. Demos should describe EDM tools and systems, or educational systems that use EDM techniques.
- Workshop proposals — 2-4 pages. Should describe the organizers’ plan both to conduct the workshop (e.g., format, rough schedule, proposed list of speakers) and to stimulate growth in the workshop’s area of focus.
- Tutorial proposals — 2-4 pages. Should motivate and describe succinctly the field or tool that will be presented, as well as a plan for attendees to learn it in a hands-on way.
JEDM track papers should be formatted according to the JEDM guidelines and should be submitted to the journal directly at:
by selecting the option “EDM 2021 Journal Track” in the corresponding Section box.
All other papers should be formatted according to the EDM template:
- Word: https://educationaldatamining.org/edm2020/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2019/09/edm_word_template2020.doc
- LaTeX: https://educationaldatamining.org/edm2020/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2019/09/edm_submission2020.zip
and should be submitted to EasyChair at: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=edm21
Once on this page, select the relevant track for your submission, and then follow the submission instructions.
All accepted papers will be published in the open-access proceedings of the conference, except for the Journal track as stated above. Papers submitted to workshops will be published separately in the workshop proceedings. All paper submissions must be submitted for double-blind reviewing.