Workshops and Tutorials
The following workshops and tutorials have been accepted to held at EDM 2014. They provide an opportunity to share novel ideas on current and emerging topics relevant to Educational Data Mining and favour highly interactive discussions.
The links below provide informations about the workshops.
The overal schedule can be found at the end of the page.
EDM 2014 Extended Proceedings in CEUR workshop proceedings (vol. 1183): http://ceur-ws.org/Vol-1183/
- W1: International Workshop on Knowledge Discovery in MOOCs (Mihaela Cocea, Mohamed Medhat Gaber)
- W2: Graph-based Educational Data Mining (G-EDM) (Collin F. Lynch, Tiffany Barnes)
- W3: Non-Cognitive Factors & Personalization for Adaptive Learning (NCFPAL@EDM) (Steven Ritter, Stephen E. Fancsali)
- W4: Approaching Twenty Years of Knowledge Tracing: Lessons Learned, Open Challenges, and Promising Developments (Michael Yudelson, José P. González-Brenes, Michael Mozer)
- W5: Feedback from Multimodal Interaction in Learning Management Systems (Lars Schmidt-Thieme, Arvid Kappas, Carles Sierra, Emanuele Ruffaldi)
- T1: Getting Started with RapidMiner (Agathe Merceron)
- T2: An Overview of Clustering: Finding Group Structure in Educational Research Data (Rebecca Nugent)
- T3: Tutorial on Epistemic Network Analysis (ENA) (David Williamson Shaffer, Chandra Orrill, Wesley Collier)
- T4: Tutorial on the Replicability and Generalizability of Instructional Technology Studies (WRGITS) (David Cooper)
Additionally, and in line with the closeness of the 22nd International Conference on User Modelling (UMAP 2014) that is immediately after EDM in Denmark, we encourage the EDM community to take a look at the Workshops and Tutorials accepted at UMAP, as they are an interesting opportunity to strenghten educational data mining approaches with some user modelling and personalization techniques. In particular, there a specific workshop that deals with Personalization Approaches in Learning Environments (PALE) that might be of interest for those going to UMAP and which is scheduled on July 11th.
Click on the image to go to the online schedule